Final post about Sweden-France
Here are some of the numbers from the last game of the tournament for Sweden. Some interesting things to point out are:
- Sweden hadn’t beaten France in a competitive game since 1949.
- Sweden attempted 216 short passes in the first half and nine long ones.
- Ibrahimovic found Wilhelmsson 6 times out of totally 8 attempted passes in the 45 minutes Wilhelmsson was on the pitch. Wilhelmsson found Ibra on 3 occassions. (Can this numbers be associated with their close friendship outside the pitch?)
- Despite 24 shots in total, France only managed 4 on target compared to Sweden’s 6.
- It may also be the last time Olof Mellberg pulls on the jersey for the Swedish national team after 117 matches and being a regular fixture in every major international tournament since Euro 2000.
Regarding tonight’s game between Portugal and Czech Republic:
Utterly disappointed at how the Czech team played the game. From what I have seen in earlier games they have been creative and confident with the ball, but now they only focused on defending. I think they missed Tomas Rosicky too much.